So I thought I would share one of my favorite cooking helps on the web. It is a website called all recipes and besides having lots of really good recipes it also has some cool features. It has a way to search for recipes by ingredients, it is called ingredients search under the more searches tab. It is the best thing if you don't really know what to make for dinner you can go in and put all of the ingredients that you have and want to use and also you can list the ingredients that you either don't have or don't want to use for a meal and it pulls up a list of recipes it so neat. This is also a great feature if you have a name for a dish that isn't the same name someone else has for it you can type in the main ingredients that you know and it will usually bring up the recipe you were looking for just under a different name. The site also lets you sign in and have a recipe box so any recipe you really like you can put in your box so it is easy to find next time. Another on of my favorite things is it has user ratings and comments on pretty much everything, so it helps tell you what is good and what isn't but there are usually a lot of variations that different people use that they write in there comments it is great. Also on a lot of the recipes it has a servings and scaling part so if the recipe is originally for 4 people and you need it for 6 you can change the serving # and it changes the recipe to how ever many servings you need (way easier than trying to do the math yourself) Anyways I just thought I would share this wonderful site since I find myself going there at least once a week and it is a free membership so there is nothing to loose also you don't have to have a membership to use it it is just easier that way cause it keeps track of the different recipes that you have been looking at and the wonderful recipe box!
Oh it is also Olivia's 18month birthday today! Happy Birthday Livvy!


3 comments:
Those counters are so cute!! I want to put a couple on my blog too!
I have been using the allrecipes site now for about 4 years and I hardly even use a cookbook anymore. I love how you can look something up and it has similar recipes you can try as well- and I LOVE the reviews, sometimes they really save your keester when you are trying to make something for the first time...I LOVE allrecipes.com!
I've used it once or twice, but I normally use recipezaar.com
It's the same principle, just a different site. Either way, I love how easy it makes my life in the kitchen.
Thanks Janelle, that should be fun and happy day to Olivia
Post a Comment