Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkins

Okay so I am a boring mom and I really don't like carving pumpkins. Chris likes to do it and like to do elaborate ones but me not so much and since I am the one that would have to help the kiddos carve we went a different route this year!
Chris carving his pumpkin while the kids paint theirs Olivia got an orange pumpkin and wanted to paint it pink and Ryan got a green pumpkin and wanted to paint it orange!
Ryan and Olivia painting!


Then for faces we bought some Mr. Potato head like pieces and the kids picked out faces for their pumpkins (so much easier than carving a face in or even painting a face on.)The finished masterpieces!
The real personalities shining through!
I will post some pictures of Chris's when he is finished!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They turned out cute!

Amber said...

They are cute (the kids and the pumpkins). Yeah, I feel the same way about carving pumpkins. This year Matt carved two-- one for him and one for Corbin. My hands were clean throughout the entire process. I loved it!

Jane said...

Those look amazing! What a great idea!1

Shae said...

that's such a cute idea! we haven't even gotten pumpkins this year...but maybe i'll go get some and some potato head deal-io's and we'll do it tonight! :) we've been such a bah-hum-bug for halloween this year...i feel bad for the kids. :(

Unknown said...

As long as the kids had super fun- thats what matters most!
glad to see an update!

christianne said...

Good for you Janelle to find a way that works for you to create the pumpkin memories. Great idea.