So a little back story, about a month or two before I had Emily I decided that I needed to commit to something to do that would force me to work out after I had Emily. So I decided that I would train for a 5K. Now I have never ever been a runner in fact before this summer the last time that I ran any amount of time at all was for PE in middle school. So I proceeded to tell many people that I was going to run a 5K in the fall, I figured the more people I told about this the less likely I would be to flake out of it! So for my birthday/anniversary present I went to Teton Running, a shoe store in town, and had them film the way I ran and got some good shoes so that I wouldn't have the excuse of injury not to run. I picked a 5K, it was the Wish, Walk, Run benefiting the Make a Wish Foundation. It was on Oct. 15th so I figured I would have enough time from when the baby was born to get ready for it. I found some podcasts for the couch to 5K program and just started. Honestly I signed up for the run I did because you could walk or run and I was not so sure that I would be able to run the whole thing, but by the week of my race I had gone through the whole couch to 5K program and a few days before the race ran 3.1 miles and ran the whole way. So knowing that I could do it I made a goal of running the whole thing and doing it in less than 45 min (I know not stellar time but I am okay with that). So I went I ran and I did it!!! I ran the whole thing and finished in 41min and 56 sec Here are some pics of that day.
 |
| Before the race figuring out where the course goes. |
 |
| Getting ready to go! |
 |
| Ryan and Olivia's "Go Mommy" posters! |
 |
| Right after I finished, Ryan is making sure that I know what his poster said! |
So after I did this race I kind of started to slack off it was getting really cold in the mornings and it was just really hard to find time to run especially with Chris's weird work schedule. So I was running about once a week and decided I needed to get on it so I signed up for another 5K. This one was just yesterday. And when I woke up to drive to the race it was snowing I got down to the park and it was only raining there but it was cold and by the time the race started it was sleeting and windy. Needless to say it was a little cold! So my goal this time was again to run the whole thing which I was a little concerned about since I hadn't been running as much and I wanted to beat my last time. Well luckily there was a cute little boy ahead of me with about 1/2 a mile to go and I thought, "no way am I coming in after a little boy" so I kicked it up and finished in 39min 50 sec! It was a lot of fun. It was called the "Tater Trot" so after the race there was a baked potato meal waiting which was the perfect thing to warm me up! My mom came up to see me run so we got a few better pics this time! So here they are!
 |
| Waiting for the start! |
 |
| Off we go! |
 |
| returning triumphant! |
 |
| can't have my mom taking pictures and not have one of me with my tongue out! |
 |
eating the potato and drinking hot chocolate!
|
Anyways so that is my fun running experience I don't know that I can say that I have enjoyed the running but I have enjoyed setting and accomplishing these goals. I registered for a 10K at the end of May and now that I am registered and I have told all of my faithful readers there is no going back right?
13 comments:
That is awesome Janelle! You inspire me! GO YOU!
So proud of you, Nell! That's great you signed up for a 10k! When/where is it? Send me the details & maybe I'll join ya. Love all the pictures, you look great!
Janelle, that is awesome! It is so hard to find time to exercise with 3 little ones. Way to be!
Janelle! I'm so impressed! You've done something I've never attempted to do!
Good for you! What 10K is it? I need to do another one that is not all down hill. Let me know and I see if I can commit or not. :)
That's AWESOME! I am SO proud of you!! (And you are my hero for running in a place that gets that much snow!!)
That is awesome that you are doing these runs and sticking to your goals! good job.
You should be so proud of yourself! But more than that, you should be proud that you are teaching your kids great things. You have shown and taught them, to make a goal and then follow through with it, and then accomplish it. And how good you feel when you complete it! Way to go!
You are so great! This is so impressive, it isn't like you ever saw anyone in your family run - not ever! Love you lots!
Well done! And you look fantastic. I hope I can some motivation asap! Excited to see you in Dec at the reunion!
You are my hero! Keep it up, Janelle! By the way, you are looking GREAT! =)
I'm glad you achieved your goal!
good job janelle!! That is a huge accomplishment!! Keep up the good work :)
Post a Comment