Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Good Cause

This website has been set up to help raise money for Scott and Carol Decker. Lori Stafford will be running the 26 mile Top of Utah Marathon on September 20th and is looking for pledges per mile or donations. All the proceeds from this fundraiser will go directly to Scott and Carol to help with their accruing expenses.
Carol and Scott currently live in Enumclaw, WA, where Scott recently opened his own dental practice. They have two sweet baby girls Chloe, 1 1/2 yrs. old and Safiya, now 2 months old. Carol is a loving wife, devoted mommy, and a true friend. She has been stricken with a life altering situation. Carol was admitted to Swedish hospital on June 10th and delivered, Safiya Decker permaturely, via emergency C-section. Both Carol and Safiya were in ICU and NICU, respectively, for some time. Safiya is now home and doing quite well. Carol was recently transferred from Sweedish to Harborview. She has had many complications, beginning with strep pneumonia. Due to these problems, she has lost both of her feet, her left hand and her right ring finger. She is currently going through major skin grafts. She has not recovered her sight since her first surgeries. There has been no time line given for Carol's return home, she has a long road of recovery ahead of her. Scott has a blog of her day to day progress which can be viewed at http://www.sccsdecker.blogspot.com/. Thank you for remembering Carol in your thoughts and prayers.
For those of you that don't know Lori I can tell you this isn't a hoax or anything like that. I've known Lori for almost 20 years now, she is really doing all that she can to help this family. Since we are super poor I thought the least I could do is pass this along so maybe people that can afford to donate would be able to see it! All of the donation information is on the first website and the money all goes into a Washington Mutual Charitable bank account!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a surprise for me to see this picture and read about a woman that many of our ward members have been praying for in the last few weeks. Her brother and his family have been members of our ward for years and just recently moved to the next city over. When I asked how Kevin and Jenni were doing, the response was not what I expected. At the time Jenni's dad was really sick and in the E.R. and then to find out that Kevin's sister and her husband were going thru so much..it just sounds like a horrible scene from a Lifetime movie but not someone in "real Life"
I went to Jenni's dad's funeral today..and thought about her the entire time.
I'll definitely pass this message on as well- it sure is nice to know how many people care about her and their little family. What a terrible situation. Thanks for posting this.

Stringham Family said...

Do you know them personally or are you just trying to help out? I was just wondering. What a sad situation. We will all do what we can. I hope that she pulls through. I have been reading there blog the last few days, I started from the begining. He is such a strong person.

Stringham Family said...

Yeah, that is awful, I can't even imagine going through the things that they are going through. Thanks for letting me know. I hope she is able to raise alot of money to help them.

Lori said...

I see you got the info. posted. I should have posted it the way you did. You can actually read it. Thanks again for helping you're awesome.

Harris said...

wow, how sad...I thought we had it a little rough with our delivery...there is always someone out there struggling more!! I will keep them in my prayers...thanks for posting this it really made me think! Also thanks for your sweet comments on our blog!