Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Stitches for Livvy

Well we have had our first experience with stitches (crazily enough Ryan hasn't ever needed them) We have a ward play group up at the church building in the nursery and Olivia walked into a table and split open her eye. It was one of those that may or may not have needed stitches but the Doc said that it would heal faster and leave a smaller scar so I decided to do them. The girls at the church let me leave Ryan with them and so I just took Livvy to our pediatrician and he stitched her up the worst part was he didn't want to give her a shot to numb her for only 2 stitches so I had to hold a cotton swab on her cut for 20 min to numb it up a little and she screamed and fought the whole time. To do the actual stitches they wrapped her up in a sheet so she couldn't move and a nurse held her head while I held her body but she actually did really well for that part and even told her doctor thank you when he was done it was super cute! And our Pediatrician's office does stitches so we didn't have to go to the ER thank goodness! Here are some pictures of her "boo boo" as she calls it!

as you can see it looks like she may have already pulled it out a little! Now all I have to do is keep her from walking into stuff for a little while (she is a little bit of a klutz!) just too much else going on to possibly pay attention to where she is walking!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohhh..poor kiddo! I haven't had stitches before but I've been there to watch while Mallory had to have them put on her chin...its absolutely awful. She had about 9 stitches which doesn't sound all that exciting when you hear of people who've had 95 but now I feel for anyone whose even had to have one- owch! Im glad she's okay tho. Isn't it funny how if she had bumped just a little to the right- it would have been her eye? Heavenly Father is sure looking out for us.

Stringham Family said...

That is so sad! Poor little girl! I hope she gets feeling better and her eye heals well! It's amazing how as Mom's we can handle just about anything while being calm to keep our kids calm! What a good Mom you are!

Unknown said...

OUCH! That looks like it hurt! I would have cried, too-
Poor baby... cuddle and love much! :)

cjmom said...

Dad and I just groaned when we saw the stitches. Poor little sweetheart!

Shae said...

So Sad! I hope it heals fast for her (and you!)

Veronica said...

Ouch. Poor kid and poor mom. It is hard enough holding down your kid for their shots.

Kari said...

How scary! that is the worst past holding your kid down...at least it was only two stitches, right? Oh poor kid, she still is so dang cute.

Hot MMMama said...

So sorry for little Livvy.

When Lis got married, our youngest split her chin open the night before the wedding, she had 7 stitches... not fun to have to go through that... but I don't know for sure who it's worse for, our girls or us!

Lori said...

Oh Poor Livvy. I hope she is doing OK. I was bummed I didn't get to see you too. Time does fly to fast. Thanksgiving is some what of a short weekend to try to fit all the visits in. We'll catch up with you next time. Have a Merry Christmas, your count down clock is scaring me. It's really getting close.

Caywood Clan said...

Oh my.....I can't believe it!! I totally feel sorry for you. I hate having to hold Brynnah down for all of her paraphinelia....Hope she heals quickly. I've just recently figured out that once kids are mobile watch out! I think Brynnah has cracked her head at least 3-4 good ones and last week she split her lip open!