Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Politics

Okay so I don't post a lot on politics mostly because I have very strong opinions and strong opinions tend to lead to arguments so I just stay away from it. That being said sometimes there are things that just have to be said or in this case shown. With the economy in the pot and elections coming up and the liberal media siding with obviously the liberals sometimes it is hard to get both sides of a story. I don't know how many watch the Presidential debate last week and how many times Obama said that the economic problems were all the fault of the republicans and them getting rid of all these regulations and that is was caused all of the problems. Since I don't know how to post movies from you tube I'll just give you this link. It is a little long 8 minutes I think but it is really interesting and strait from the mouths of those at fault. There is also another video here that tells a little bit more about Frannie Mae and Freddie Mac (the companies which caused the major economic problems) and which politicians received substantial monetary benefits from them! I just think it is important that we look into what is going on instead of just believing what we hear on tv. Don't worry I do realize that these are one sided but it is super easy to find the other side.
UPDATE: so you may have realized that the 2nd video was taken off you tube for copyright violations for the music it used (interesting since about 90% of the videos on youtube have the same violations but are never taken off) maybe someone doesn't want you to have the information about who received the most money from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae but here is a link that shows you that #2 on that list is Obama (he has received more contributions in his only 4 years in office than any other member of congress save 1)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so grateful that someone passed the youtube video on to me before it was deleted- it cemented in my mind why Im voting Republican. I won't lie- I half considered voting for Obama since his connections outside the US were so good- foreign relations means a lot to me- but never now. The video basically gave you the exact articles that you could google search and get actual proof that Obama and his buddies are huge supporters of Fannie Mae. Fannie Mae = Sup Prime Loans, Sub Prime Loans = housing market crash, housing market crash = market crash which in turn equals our country's finances are in bigger ruin than ever before. Even if you don't think there's a patriotism issue with Obama, money speaks to everyone and no one should want a president who helped to CREATE the problem.

rubberbucketsaysso said...

Just wanted to point out that just as many republicans were paid out as Democrats, it's not the party, it's the person. I still don't know about this election, while Obama does the Fannie Mae thing here, McCain did the S&L thing back in the 80's. maybe he learned his lesson, maybe not. All I know is that it currently is like choosing between two evils, and I'm just relieved to find that neither palin nor biden are on the payout list, but both Obama and McCain are (mcCain is way further down, but still...) My main reason right now for leaning republican is that i know Obama intents to enact legislation to make gay marriage legal, and while I understand they have an inclination that not all of us have, it doesn't mean I agree with them making it ok to be that way, rather than encouraging them to find a way past it. The way I look at it, I have 'natrual man' insticts too, and I have to get over them -like anger and distrust- so I figure they can get over their 'natrual man' instinct.

rubberbucketsaysso said...

sorry if I opened up a big kettle of worms tho...

TooSure said...

wow, interesting. Thank you for sharing this.

Kari said...

I think that it's your blog and I love talking politics! It is interesting but the main thing I have decided is, yes it's a scary election but my little family is going to be prepared either way. Food storage anyone? Extra cash on hand, uh yeah. Then again know what we know, we know that some one has got to run the country into the ground for certain events to happen and maybe Obama is our man :)

Jason said...

People running for office now days need a lot of money; so it doesn't really bother me that McCain took money. However, when people start taking large chunks of change like Obama did, it will start to change the way you legislate. In the past 20 years He took more than anyone else except Chris Dodd, and B.O. has only been in office for 3.5 years.
If you keep following the money trail, you'll see that individuals who worked for Fannie Mae gave B.O. even more money.
Also, looked at the people B.O. has advising him. People who have made millions and millions of dollars from Fannie and Freddie and who should now be in jail for misrepresenting earnings, thus leading to the econ problems we are having. These are the type of people he could and will eventually nominate for the supreme court if given the change.