Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Silly Boy

This is a conversation between Ryan and his daddy.
Ryan comes up with a scowl and says: I'm mad
Dad: why?
Ryan: cause I can't see my forehead
He also likes to pretend like he a super hero and when he is in super hero mode you can't call him anything else. So randomly you will be calling him Superman and then he will just decide he is done with that and say, "You can call me Ryan now."
Also when you call him bud or monster (that's my pet name for both my kids) he just looks at you and says, "no I'm Ryan." I know none of them sound as cute in writing as they do in real life but it is so cute especially if you know he can't say "r" or "l" so it is that much cuter

On another note we are yet again trying to potty train (this is a year in the making) and I told him that if he could go the whole day with no accidents that he could get a Lightning McQueen car well on Friday we were to 4pm and at the store and he was still good so I bought the car just in case, unfortunately he had an accident at about 6:30 and yesterday again about 2 hours before he went to bed. I'm not sure who was sadder me or him, anyways today he made it the whole day even through church. I was so proud of him I am really hoping this is finally the beginning of the end of potty training! Also Olivia is really excited about the whole bathroom thing now too so she has a fun potty chart now too and while she rarely has a dry diaper she goes on the toilet almost every time Ryan does and actually goes so we are close there too. I am really hoping by Thanksgiving we will be out of diapers forever!!! Sorry no pics but do you really want pictures of that. I did want to get one of him finally getting his car but my batteries were
dead. Oh well!
Okay so I did find a fairly recent one this face shows about how excited Ryan is about potty training he just doesn't care! But he is still cute anyways!

14 comments:

Erin said...

HEY!!! You totally copied my Fall background... so unfair! I clicked over to check out your post & for a second I was all sorts of confused.

Smart Family said...

He looks so grown up! I can't believe it!

Erin said...

BTW, I love the story. Random-kid conversations are the best (like the time Trevor told Dr. Jensen he wanted to talk about rhinos). And super-congrats on the potty-training milestone!

Anonymous said...

I can't see my forehead?? Thats adorable! So how old is this kiddo? Most of my friends can't get their boys to even care about potty training til they are about 4. My oldest didn't even consider it til she was 3 and a half and Kate was 2 and a half..
When I was in psych- they said that you don't want to screw around with kids when they are in the "anal stage" (ew, gross, sorry, thats the real word for it tho) because it can affect them for the rest of their lives..so in that light, Im a big believer of letting it be until THEY start to get excited about it. Im also a big believer of not giving advice unless its been asked for so sorry Im giving un-asked for advice!

Shae said...

It looks like we're in the same boat! Micah's been doing really well...and he even went AT church yesterday! It's funny...Mariah loves to cheer on Micah, and gets excited when he gets his stickers...because she knows that she's gonna get a treat too, everytime that Micah does. She likes to try and go to the bathroom when Micah does, and Micah is trying to help her...it's pretty funny.

Micah is also in the stage of "No, I'm Micah", when you call him something else. We will always tell him he's so handsome, and he gets so mad and says that!

Rebecca said...

good luck with the potty training thing. my expierence is they will do it when they are ready and not a second sooner. my boy was supper easy and was trained at about 18 months, his choice not mine, he liked to stand up like daddy. however, mt little girl is totally interested and has been for months but is just not consistant. tell him good job!!! and after all this is over treat yourself to a special toy, afterall they should be the only ones to get rewarded...we work hard too.

Erin said...

Ok, this is friggin hilarious.... I totally tried this one out for a few hours. Hahaha!!!

rubberbucketsaysso said...

Damian is sorta potty training, some days he loves to sit on the potty all day and others he refuses to. It's kinda frustrating for me because when he goes through the potty days I get all excited about not having to deal with diapers anymore. i-yai-yai.

Kami said...

Man, we're about to start this fun ride too. I'm not too excited. Paden will sit on his potty, but only when he knows he doesn't have to really go. I wonder why that tractor tipping is so scary for kids. He's not really even that scared when lightning gets chased, it's the whole honking at the tractors and them falling over. That's cool that Ryan has dreams with Nephi! Kids say the darndest things don't they? I love the one about Ryan not being able to see his forehead!

Teacher said...

Good luck!

Veronica said...

I am feeling your pain on the potty training. I too have a lightning car and doc car waiting for my boy. I don't know what to do so any suggestions let me know:)

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

He looks a lot older than a three and a half year old in this picture. Let me know if anything with the potty training works for you because it won't be too long now that I'll be rocking the same boat. Good luck.

Unknown said...

That is a cute story! I love the picture although, at first look I was wondering if you bleached Ryan's hair. Good luck with the potty training thing. For your sake I hope you can get rid of the diapers too!

jess said...

Potty training sounds so fun! But it will be worth it when it's over. Hey I have a question. How do you put the things under people's blogs that says when they last posted? I think that's cool! When you have time, let me know. Thanks!