Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 11, 2008

Sick Kids

So I didn't post anything yesterday cause my day started at 3 am (I don't know how you do that all the time Laura) anyway at about 3:15 ish I hear the TV on in the living room. This actually doesn't worry me Ryan typically wakes up before us so before we go to bed we make sure it is changed to the Disney channel and put out a bowl of graham crackers and a sippy of water. Anyway aparently Ryan deceided it was morning got up and drank all his water and then proceeded to throw it all up luckily both of my kids have been throwing up off and on since Monday night so I have learned the pre throwing up sounds Ryan makes ( this is actually what woke me up) so I run out of my room grab a bucket on the way (we have these at a few choice places around our house this week) and get to Ryan just in time. Totally feel like super mom. So we get him all setteled and I deceided that if I try to put him back to bed he will scream and wake up Olivia who was in the crib in his room as she had previously thrown up all over the play pen in the room she usually sleeps in. SO I make a bed for Ryan on the couch and find the longest episode of Backyardigans that I have tivoed (is that a word?) and put it on for him pretty sure that he will fall asleep. It worked unfortunately when the episode got over it just went back to live tv and the Disney channel is interestingly loud at 4am so that woke both of us up once again, as you can imagine it was the start to a very fun day. Oh and did I mention that somewhere between that 3 and 4 am visit Chris started in too so yesterday I got to have 3 sick kids at least Chris can get to the bathroom by himself. But silver lining my kids stopped throwing up long enough on Tuesday night slash Wed morning that we still went to the Rexburg temple open house, it was great Ryan just loved it. Anyway all is well hear this morning though Ryan still woke up at 3am deciding it was time to watch tv but he isn't sick enough anymore to let that go so he just got sent back to bed and then both the kids slept until after 9 crazy that never happens and it looks as though everyone is healthyish (Chris still isn't great but better) and the really good news is I don't think I caught the bug. YEAH! Anyway that is pretty much the end of my epistle, I know probably a little TMI but if you can't whine in blogland where can you whine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

no fun for you!!! YUCKY!!

Veronica said...

It is so hard to have sick kids, my 2 year old i feel is constanly sick. THis weekend he got a fever again. He runs a high fever a lot, and then after that he usually gets some stomach problem. It is no fun, so good luck. I hope you handle it better then I do. IT stresses me out soo bad.

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

Isn't it funny how as a mom you figure out their sounds? Heber had it about a month ago. I became a pro at reading him. He unfortunately wrestled with me like crazy to get the bucket away (apparently in his mind it is the bucket that makes him do it).

Glad everyone is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the right to whine-age here in "blog-land" haha
My kids have only been sick enough to be throwing up about once and that was 2 years ago, phew! (knock on wood) and of course, we alll had to get sick. I could write a book on the last time I had the flu-lice-cold..so I figure that episode- which lasted for months makes up for all the time we weren't throwing up.
The Rexburg Temple is open!! Yay! I'll have to check out the LDS website to see pics of it!

Anonymous said...

oh yah, btw, I love your new layout, its beautiful.